Nino Randazzo was a journalist, writer, translator, playwright, and senator of the Italian Republic from 2006 to 2013.
Born in Leni di Salina, in the Isole Eolie, Nino Randazzo arrived in Melbourne in 1952, where he was able to witness many changes in Australian society and the ever-changing Italian community, first as Deputy Director of Il Globo since 1959 and then as Managing Director from 1978 to 2006.
To preserve his great artistic heritage, the committee of the “Theatre Company Italo-Australiana” has created an exclusive editorial collection, “The Nino Randazzo Theatre Collection”.
The box set contains his ten plays:
- Il pane e le rose (1980)
- Il sindaco d’Australia (1981)
- Victoria Market, genesi di un mito (1982)
- Villaggio paradiso (1983)
- Le fiamme di Kalgoorlie (1987)
- Emmaus (1988)
- L’ultima flotta (1989)
- La gabbia e il bosco (1994)
- Andata e ritorno (1998)
- Il canto della sera (2002)